The perfect partner for almost any dish
10 minutes. Serve with chicken, pasta, a sandwich, pizza or… anything.
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 5 medium garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely diced walnuts
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a food processor, combine the cheese, basil, garlic, and walnuts and puree until coarsely chopped.
- Slowly distribute 1/4 cup of the oil and process until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Optional: let the pesto sit for a few hours to enhance the flavors. Pour a bit of olive oil over the sauce so it doesn’t oxidize.